We have also been asked this questions. Unlike mechanical equipment, am electrical switchboard has no moving parts.
So why even spend money for maintenance? If an electrical switchboard is not maintained, it can pose a serious safety hazard. The lack of maintenance can cause problems such as loose connections, corrosion, and damage to the switchboard's components. This can lead to electrical fires, power outages, and other dangerous situations. Furthermore, the switchboard may not be able to handle the load it was designed for, which can lead to equipment failure and costly downtime. It's important to have regular maintenance and updates to ensure that the switchboard is working properly and safely.
We recommend the following as a minimum:
1. Regular inspections: Schedule regular inspections of the switchboard to check for any damage or wear and tear, and to ensure that all components are properly connected and functioning.
2. Cleaning: Keep the switchboard clean to prevent dust and debris from accumulating, which can cause overheating and other problems.
3. Tighten connections: Check all connections to ensure they are tight and secure. Loose connections can cause arcing and other problems.
4. Check for signs of overheating: Look for signs of overheating, such as discoloration or charring, and address any issues immediately.
5. Replace old equipment: Replace any old or worn equipment to prevent it from failing and causing damage to the rest of the switchboard.
6. Keep accurate records: Keep accurate records of all maintenance and repairs performed on the switchboard, including the date, type of work done, and any parts that were replaced.
7. Professional maintenance: Have a professional electrician check and maintain the switchboard at least once a year.
8. Insulation resistance test: Perform regular insulation resistance test on the switchboard to ensure the integrity of the insulation.
9. Earth continuity test: Perform regular earth continuity test to ensure that the switchboard is properly grounded.
10. Make sure that the switchboard is not overloaded.
Do contact us if you need maintenance for your electrical switchboard.